I have a fun Excel lookup challenge for you. You have data as shown below and want to find the last non blank value for a given account number. For example, for acct number 2015, the answer would be Freedom.
How would you solve this? Post your formulas, code, steps or incantations in the comments box. Go.
- Assume your data is in range A4:G13 with A4:A13 having the Account number and other columns containing some details.
- The lookup value can be hardcoded or assumed be to in cell K3.
- Click here for sample data file. This file also has some hints and 3 possible solutions.
- You can use any Excel formula or Power Query or VBA based solution.
- Post your answers in comments.
If you want more Excel challenges & homework problems, click here.
PS: Thanks Barbara for emailing me this question.
PPS: If you are not sure how to solve this, come back on Tuesday to see a video with my solutions.
The post Lookup last non blank value – Excel homework appeared first on Chandoo.org – Learn Excel, Power BI & Charting Online.
Original source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/PointyHairedDilbert/~3/jiA_DTLywbQ/